In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Callaway 300 Pro
Bushnell Tour V5
Golf Rangefinders become ideal for you, where it isn’t very simple to determine the distance correctly with the naked-eye. Distance and accuracy play a significant role in the game of golf, and if you have the right distance and accuracy, then you will be able to perform best in your game. Day by day, the role of golf rangefinders is revolutionizing sports. For players who have superior range control, a good rangefinder can allow them to accurately improve their swing.
Before putting a shot in golf, it is imperative to choose the right club, and for the right choice, accurate determination of distance is necessary. The golf rangefinder should be an essential piece of equipment in your club and ball form.
If we talk about the golf rangefinder, it has a button that hits a laser beam on your target that rebounds a sensor and accurately determines the distance to the target. The rangefinder is a piece of nifty tech that tells you the nose-to-nose distance between you and your target. Accuracy can vary depending on the model, but the accuracy of any models is less than the yards, which is sufficient for average players.
In today’s time, you will find many types of golf rangefinders, but if we talk about personal preference, Laser and GPS Rangefinder is more effective than other units. This is a device that the golfers typically use in order to determine a distance to the fixed points just like a flag, green or hazards. GPS units are accurate at about 5 yards as opposed to 1 yard from the range finder.
We’ve prepared a list of Best Golf Rangefinder based on Golfer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Golf Rangefinders buying located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Golf Rangefinders
|Callaway 300 Pro||Slope Rangefinder||Up To 1,000 yards|
|Bushnell Tour V5||Laser+slope Rangefinder||5-1,300 yards|
|Wosports H-100AG||Slope Rangefinder||650 yards|
|Bushnell Pro X2||Slope Rangefinder||1,300 yards|
|Precision NX9 Pro||Laser Rangefinder||400 yards|
|TecTecTec VPRO500||Laser Rangefinder||540 yards|
|TecTecTec VPRO500S||Slope Rangefinder||540 yards|
|Leupold 119087 GX-3i2||Digital Rangefinder||800 yards|
|Nikon Coolshot 20 GII||Laser Rangefinder||800 yards|
|GolfBuddy Laser1S||Laser Rangefinder||880 yards|
Which are the 10 Best Golf Rangefinders In 2021?
1. Callaway 300 Pro Rangefinder
Callaway is a well-known brand that is trusted for delivering great products and customer service. The 300 Pro, manufactured by Callaway, is a great rangefinder that comes with a weight of just 7 oz, feels light, and the compact size will easily accommodate most golfer’s hands. It uses 300 laser pins acquisition technology (PAT) to pull out flags from other objects like trees.
The total size of the rangefinder is 3 x 8 x 4.2 ”. A belt-loop is also added to this so that you can hook it up to your belt. A person has found the best feature that is incredibly convenient to use.
Its exterior is built with high-grade plastic material and has a coating on top that serves to keep the rangefinder extra durable. It is also very flexible to be damaged from being dropped. This enables you to use it effectively in all climate conditions.
It is produced by a unique element that keeps the rangefinder durability and also avoids water damage.
- It is super durable and very lightweight.
- It provides slope measurements.
- It is well-made to resist play in all weather.
- You’ll always get an alert if you’re near to the pin.
- With this, you get accurate up to 1 yd.
- It comes with a vast range of 1000 yards.
- It has been magnification to 6x.
- It is completely USGA-legal.
- It is toggle-enabled slope support.
- It also gives you a scan facility.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- It can’t measure speed.
- It has a non-rechargeable battery.
2. Bushnell Tour V5 Shift Rangefinder
The new look of the Bushnell Rangefinder is sporty and professional with an undertaking to be obsessed with accuracy. But, not only does it look nice, but it is also light-weight. It is 8 ounces in weight and measures only 4.5 x 1.5 x 3 inches. It is 30% smaller than the previous Modal Tour V5. It locks onto the target by providing a rapid pulse that ensures exact distance to a particular target.
In it, you’ll find the right combination of size, speed, accuracy, JOLT, and slope. The slope switching tech allows the player to easily toggle in and out of the controlled slope function. Pinsker with JOLT technology provides the player with small-vibrations to reinforce the laser to lock the laser onto the flag. It is legal to play in the Tournament when Slope is disabled.
Tour V5 not only is it smaller in size, but it comes with a weight under 8 ounces, leaving golfers with a rangefinder unit that’s lighter than other rangefinders on the market. The bottom has a small footprint to rest the players’ thumbs, and at the top of the V5, the texture is there to assure a better grip.
- It is quite lightweight, but durable, and despite being small, it is still accurate and stable.
- It has an excellent range and an accurate JOLT function.
- With the purchase of this golf rangefinder, Bushnell will be able to get free access to the Golf app.
- In it, you’ll also be able to find 3D flyovers with distances.
- It fit right in hand, making it easy to hold.
- It features a hole-to-hole layout with distance.
- Its precise optics aren’t enough for great images.
3. Wosports H-100AG Rangefinder
In it, you get 6x magnification with a 7.5-degree field angle. This gives accurate information about distance from 5 to 650 yards or about 180 yards from the flag. It uses the best flag acquisition technology by filtering background objects to zero in on the flag.
It is always reliant on rapid measuring techniques to give accurate information or measurements of distances. Various range-modes can be used to take the flagstick. When you’re within 180 yards of the flag, the M2 and M3 modes give the best results.
It is ideal for operating in fog and terrible weather conditions. When using the scanning-mode, you only need to press the power button for a few seconds to give the distance on the LCD.
- It is very easy to use.
- It has different modes to use.
- The slope measurement is a great feature.
- It provides excellent overall performance.
- It is well-built and fits in the palm quite easily.
- It is certainly simply on the eye.
- It comes with an 18-month warranty.
- We found results to be inconsistent at times.
- The slope mode needs more works.
4. Bushnell Pro X2 Rangefinder
The Best Pro X2 comes with slope switch technology, and its metal housing is rain resistant. It also has ESP 2 technology. Its tour-trusted slope switch technology employs Bushnell’s patented slope technology to give the golfer a compensation distance based on the tilt and fall of the hole and is turned off for a USGA-compliant device when needed.
PinSeeker with JOLT technology is there to eliminate any doubts locked to the flag. It is totally wrapped in a water-proof metal-housing to give the ultimate golf laser rangefinder to all golfers.
You don’t have to worry anymore when natural light isn’t as bright as you want it to be, because it comes with the best dual-display technology, a simple click on the Mode button (DDT) can be used to switch between a bright red vivid-display or a sharp black display.
Very well put together rangefinder Bushnell’s winning techniques such as JOLT with Pinsolar, Stable-Grip, and 2nd Generation E.S.P. also holds. It is rainproof, the Exit Pupil is 3.5 mm perfect for daytime use, and is very light-weight. The Stabilize technology at work here’s optimized to maintain the integrity both of your site line, and its laser beam itself that shoots out and takes the reading.
- It comes with a tour-trusted slope switch technology.
- It is legal to use during tournament play.
- With this, you can measure the slope.
- In this, you also get the facility of Jolt vibrations.
- Its display is also very easy to read.
- It is completely-waterproof.
- It comes with an outstanding 1300-yards range.
- Its 6x magnification is suitable for the best visualization.
- It has a non-rechargeable battery.
- High Price Range.
5. Precision Pro NX9 Rangefinder
The NX7 Precision Pro is an addictive example of a correct accuracy level. Golfers love the precision Pro Golf Rangefinder so much that 95% of the people they survey-leave at least one golf club to use their rangefinder.
There’s no doubt about golfers, confidence, and fantastic thing. Precision is the perfect combination of performance and value for pro golfers.
There are two buttons on the device, and the operation is incredibly simple. First, you press the power button once to turn it on, and also acts as a trigger button to receive yardage and second mode switch that switches between Slope and non slope mode.
The NX7-Pro is one of the Best Golf Rangefinder that is influenced by the Pro technology. If you’ve to choose a rangefinder with slope for a legal tournament, this would be the most appropriate and best option for you.
- From the manufacturers, it has been given the facility to replace the lifetime free battery.
- It is a useful tool in tournaments due to adaptive slope technology.
- It is made with a water-resistant, shock, and sleek design.
- It comes with +Vibration System.
- It also comes with the Premium Hard Carrying Case.
- It is very comfortable to use and locate the objects.
- Lifetime Battery Replacement Services.
- The distance reading time gets slowed down whenever you activate the vibration feature.
- It is a challenge to read the yardage in poor lighting conditions.
6. TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
This is one of the best golf rangefinder measuring yardage up to 500 yards. If you can spend a little extra to read good, accurate distances, this may be a best option for you. This is the one that will support you in the long run. However, there are some compromises when you choose the budget option.
This laser rangefinder comes with 6x Magnification. Its multi-layered optics added such strong Magnification, making it easier to see the target when taking a shot. But note that you may experience difficulty in targeting small amounts of light. It comes with advanced Point-Sensor tech, and a durable body. It is packaged in a waterproof casing that will keep the sensitive tech at work in this device safe from inclement weather.
Being a smart course manager is not only having the best information but making smart decisions so that you can pick the right option. I think you should pick such because it’s amazingly easy to use and it does the job great. With this, you can create the game you want in your practice sessions.
- It is quite lightweight and easily adjust to your hands.
- It comes with PinSensor technology.
- It gives an overall performance.
- It is a tournament legal rangefinder.
- The bag is given for such safe carrying.
- The complete package comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It works with the solid build quality.
- Lack of stability.
- It has little flicker accommodation.
7. TecTecTec VPRO500S Rangefinder
TecTecTec! The VPRO500S uses the latest technology compared to other measurement devices and is highly accurate and flexible. It perfectly measures distances thanks to its clear 6x magnification and multilayer coating that helps you improved your game like a pro.
The VPRO500S also has a slope compensation technique that calculates the height-adjusted distance. It has various scanning modes they’re suitable for every situation. Its high-level PinSensor lets you accurately measure overlapping targets and is perfect for measuring pin location and distance to wooded areas. Its measurement locking function will give you even more confidence.
This golf rangefinder is fully equipped with premium carrying pouches, CR2 batteries, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloths, and handy start guides to make it better.
- It uses the best optical-technology.
- Its high-quality optics provide you with image clarity and precise vision.
- It is very convenient to use.
- It has an auto-shutdown facility.
- The VPRO 500S is very easy to clean and maintain due to its soft surface and the fact that it comes with a lens cleaner.
- It gives you very bright and clear readings.
- It weighs only two ounces.
- Even after having all the facilities, the price is short overcome.
- It has a rainproof coating but is not 100% water-resistant.
8. Leupold 119087 GX-3i2 Rangefinder
The Leupold GX-3i2 Golf Rangefinder has everything that the better golf range finder should have. You will find features like Pin Hunting Laser Technology, Prism-Lock Tech, and Fog-Mode from Leupold, which will impress you.
It features a completely multi-coated lens, digitally enhanced accuracy (DNA) Golf, and an illuminated O-LED Plus point display. This GX-3i2 is easily a gorgeous unit that you are proud to have on your side in green.
It is a pricier golf rangefinder, but you get an OLED-screen and super-durable construction. It is the latest, small-up version of the GX-3i with longer battery life and the most update Pinhunter 2 technology. For its cost and features, it comes at the high end of the mid-level rangefinder in the market. Looking at some of the best factors contained in it, you will definitely want to buy it!
- It is a great-quality optics Rangefinder.
- It is compact, accurate, and easy to use.
- It makes you feel extremely high quality.
- It is able of achieving targets with quick speed.
- It has a great battery life for the best performance.
- The readings pop up quickly and are dead-on accurate to a tenth of a yard.
- It is very easy to hold.
- It comes with a full pocket zip case.
- It lacks a jolt facility.
- It is a little pricey.
- There’s no sloped
9. Nikon Golf Coolshot 20 GII Rangefinder
The new Nikon CoolShot 20 GII Laser Rangefinder is light-weight and available at an imposing price point. It is a highly compact golf rangefinder, weatherproof and ready for all types of obstacles, including atmospheric. It will forever change the way you see the much-loved sport
It teaches you how to take charge of your game and shows off your skills thanks to the first goal priority mode and the 8-seconds continuous scan mode for accurate measurement at 800 yards.
You’ll not have doubts about its performance, as this laser rangefinder performs best than it deserves. The Best Coolshot 20 GII delivers world-class performance with a light-weight body and compact. With the speed, precision, and optical quality of this rangefinder can help you develop club distance proficiency on the driving range and game management skills on the golf course.
- It is light-weight to carry.
- It offers a great-distance laser rangefinder technology.
- It is quite suitable for golfers with eyes problem.
- The cover provided in this protects against damage due to falls.
- It automatically saves battery by shutting itself down.
- It comes with scan mode, which gives you the good distance.
- It is affordable.
- It can’t measure the distance accurately if used with unsteady hands.
10. GolfBuddy Laser1S Slope Rangefinder
The GolfBuddy Laser1S Rangefinder gives superior performance with 6X magnification at 5-880 yards and multi-coated optics. It is an all-in-one device with standard, scan, and pin sewing-modes. The ergonomic device also comes with a diopter adjustment for focusing. It also features an automatic shut-off system.
All modern players know that it is difficult to play golf without a rangefinder. In the game, you also have the best golf rangefinder. Laser1S is one of the best rangefinder in the market. Its attractive size is the first thing you notice. It has three major targeting-modes (scan, pin, and standard) that allow you to focus on the target and get accurate measurements.
It has a 6X magnification, longer battery life, and an auto shut-off feature that helps conserve power and make it best than others.
- It comes with compact and ergonomic body design.
- It is an easy-to-use.
- Its three targeting-modes (standard, scan, pin) help you to focus on the target.
- Apart from being pretty looking, it is also compact and light-weight.
- Its 6x magnification provides accurate and clear readings.
- It provides accuracy within 1 yard.
- This water resistance feature provides additional protection.
- It comes with a cheap price than most other competing devices.
- There have been few reports of its quality control issues.
How To Select the Best Golf Rangefinder?
If you want to pick the best, then you’ve to pay special attention to precision. If we wish to the variability of 5 or 6 yards on each measurement, we go for a GPS yardage finder that can provide a map and yardage of the front and back holes in the green. Make sure that their process is not slow and complicated.
We also want to ensure that the yardage is accurate to the target we choose. If your rangefinder accidentally stands behind a tree instead of a flag, you can club yourself significantly higher. Therefore you want to make sure that the yard is accurate and specific to your exact goal.
You should also keep in mind that the maximum distance that the rangefinder you take can shoot reliably? Rangefinders claim to be capable of firing a thousand yards, but this is not realistic unless the magnification is strong enough for you to see a target. Even if you’re a long-drive champion, the 400-yards functionality range is considerable.
If you cannot see the target from where you’re, then a long-range becomes useless. Make sure to have a large enough magnification that’s at least 5x to see distant targets so you can get a better view.
Ease To Use
If you are finding a perfect laser rangefinder, you should also keep in mind how easy it is to use the rangefinder. You’re getting the information on the accuracy of the distance by just one click. There are no modes in the rangefinder that get you in trouble during the game.
There’s a big test of your rangefinder when you’re playing for a 36 hole or multiple targets that your laser rangefinder will be able to provide greater battery backup. If the battery is long-lasting, then you will not face any problems in the game.
Display/Optics is an important part of a laser rangefinder because it is essential to what your eye sees when it passes through the rangefinder’s lens. While viewing the target should not be blurred at all, it is easy to flush out the appropriate target coming through crystal-clear images. We would recommend at least 5x magnification and an easy focus adjustment-mechanism.
Pin Seeking Technology
Laser golf rangefinder can be challenging to use on targets that are far away. A flag of 200 yards or more with normal shabby human eyes can be harder to hit the rotor than trees behind. For this, developed a technique that’s similar to some kind of miracle for locking on pins. These pins are easily reflected.
Whenever it comes to the price, you must be thinking, is it worth spending some extra money for extra features or is the simplest, low cost option the best way?
Pricing is a necessary argument for a rangefinder. Some lower-priced rangefinders are very solid and functional, while the more expensive ones give you some comfort in brands and build quality when you have some useful additional features such as slope calculation, pin demanding technology, long warranty, and more. If you analyze our golf rangefinder reviews you will find that all the products given in it are given at an excellent price.
In this review of Rangefinder, you’ve read about our best products so far. It will not be surprising if we say that rangefinders have become part and parcel of the golf game. We know that golf rangefinders have become a piece of equipment that every golfer can benefit from. Accurate distance plays a big role in club-selection and bringing down the obstacle.
If you go for a rangefinder in the market, then you will find a variety of options, but it can be a bit difficult to pick a right and better product. To overcome your difficulties, we’ve brought selected and better products for you from the market so that you can improve your game. In the end, we will say, see the features that are most important to you and make sure that you get those features when you set out to buy a rangefinder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Rangefinder?
A range finder is a distance measurement device (DMD), often specially designed for use in golf to measure the distance from your ball to your target using either GPS or Laser-Technology. There are two types of rangefinders in the market: laser rangefinders and golf GPS rangefinders.
2. Why Should You Use A Rangefinder?
There are two major reason for having a rangefinder in the bag: you finally know the real distance to all your targets, and You finally understand the actual-distance of your shots. Knowing the right distance for your goal can mean the difference between donating your ball to the water gods and giving yourself a chance for birdies.
3. Are Rangefinders Allowed by the Rules of Golf?
Technically, rangefinders should be allowed through “local rules”, but essentially every non-PGA Tour tournament allows them, including the USGA National Amateur Championship. However, if you’re good enough to play in a professional tournament that stops the rangefinders, then move your rangefinder.