TaylorMade Spider Putter
- Impressive Design
- Pure Roll Insert Technology
- Multi-Material Construction
- Profound Center of Gravity
- Wider Head Shape
- True Path Alignment
Whenever we think of putting a Golf ball into a hole for making scores, we require a putter in order to do that. The market is full of putters. That is why players get confused while choosing the correct putter among the wide variety of putters. But do not worry. We have covered your back. We have written this article to give you detailed specifications about the TaylorMade Spider EX Putter.
Read the article with extra care, and you will know a lot of facts about the features of the Taylormade putter. It uses a vast category of materials while manufacturing the EX putter. Among the multiple materials used in the putter, the most essential is heavy tungsten. It is used in the back weights to create a deep Center of Gravity (CG) for achieving better distance control.
Taylormade has specifically designed its Spider putters to help the Golfers with outstanding performance and playability on the greens. Furthermore, the putter gives astonishing accuracy and forgiveness in an easily aligned shape for every Golfer. Besides, the putter provides an improved feel, excellent stability, and tightened dispersion.
TaylorMade Spider EX Putter Review: First Impressions
|TaylorMade Putter Specifications|
|Available Size||33″, 34″, 35″|
|Head Weight||352 grams|
|Shaft||KBS Fluted Feel shaft|
|Hand Orientation||LH / RH|
Reasons To Buy
- Improved feel.
- Excellent stability.
- Astonishing accuracy.
- Good forgiveness.
- Magnificent consistency.
- Improved topspin.
- Available in various options, different necks, including short slant, flow neck and single blend.
Reasons To Avoid
- A bit expensive.
taylorMade Spider Putter: Detailed Specifications
- White True Path with Three Dot Alignment – At the time of selecting a color, a question comes to our mind. That is what color I should choose while purchasing a putter. There is no difference in Golf. Every player has their own choices. Nevertheless, based on the facts of science, one should go with the white. White is the most reflective color that allows us to see precisely the path of the stroke and where the ball is going. Moreover, the new shape is specially designed to grant the players to use the front of the putter’s face for alignment, and two rails are used to the center of the Golf ball. Additionally, three strategically positioned dots offer a creative and practical aiming tool.
- Pure Roll Insert – Taylormade has introduced its first co-modeled insert technology. It is constructed from white TPU urethane and silver beams at an angle of 45 degrees. It has been designed to make a better roll and feel characteristics.
- Multi-Material Construction – Taylormade uses multiple materials while producing the Spider putter. Heavy tungsten is used in the back weights to make a profound Center of Gravity (CG) that ultimately helps to gain better distance control on the course. Besides, light in weight aluminum and composite (combined) in the frame offer superb performance and give benefits around the circumference of the head. Heavy steel is further molded with the tungsten and aluminum on the frame of the heel and toe areas of the putter. It results in obtaining optimal stability. There are a total of three tungsten back weights that can be used in this putter. These are 20 grams, 25 grams, and 30 grams that are used to support the deep CG and stability. On the other hand, 28 grams of steel is arranged suitably around the circumference of the lightweight frame to increase the Moment of Inertia (MOI).
- Head Shape – Now we will talk about the shape of the head for the Spider putter. If we compare the Spider X putter to the Spider EX, it will be apparent that a marginally streamlined head is designed for the Spider EX to offer softer lines and a more rounded backside. All in all, the head of this putter is somewhat larger than the Spider X model. The head of the Spider EX is 3.5 mm longer from the heel to the toe and 2.7 mm wider from the front side (face) to the back as compared to the Spider X putter.
An all-new putter shaft that is incredibly engineered with a softer section. The shaft of the putter is situated five inches away from the tip and is produced with a concentration to promote feel, increase stability, and tightened dispersion. Alloy steel is used to manufacture the shaft of the Spider putter. The model name of the shaft is the KBS Fluted Feel shaft. Plus, the shaft is available in 33 inches, 34 inches, and 35 inches of length.
Look / Feel
Taylormade has spent plenty of time and effort to produce the EX putter. Not only the impressive design, but Taylormade has also created three hosel categories. Now Golfers can choose whatever they prefer from these three hosel categories. The putter comes in platinum/white and white color. Moreover, it does not even matter if you have a straight, slight, or strong arc putting stroke. You will love this putter.
Forgiveness / Consistency
This putter uses an upgraded multiple-material construction to provide excessive MOI and forgiveness. Apart from that, the combination of aluminum, heavy steel, and tungsten components of the Spider putter give magnificent consistency and stability.
Due to the lightweight aluminum body, sufficient weight is freed up to allow the 56 grams of steel to split between two discrete back wings, and 20-30 grams of tungsten (the weight of the tungsten depends on the shaft length) are placed between the toe and the heel behind the face of the putter. This additional weight on the exterior edges of the putter gives an enormous amount of stable performance.
Whenever a player combines the Fluted feel shaft with the newly Pure Roll insert and True Path having three dots alignment, the player will feel confident while playing with the putter. Plus, the Spider EX is produced for a more accessible aim, better feel, and upgraded stability.
The True Path Alignment is optically manufactured to make the putter effortless for Golfers to aim. Besides, the reflective white color gives a transparent focal point that helps create visibility between the stroke and the path of the ball. In accordance with the two rails and three dots, the putter also frames the Golf balls to boost a persistent address position.
Golfers have energetically waited for an update of the Roll technology that features eight co-molded grooves to improve the topspin and give a better roll.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best Spider Ex putter among the three models?
All three models offer similar designs. But the EX and Flow Neck are suitable for the arced putting strokes. On the other hand, the Single Bend is ideal for straight putting strokes.
2. What are the main differences between the Spider X and Spider Ex putter?
The Spider X model comes with a Roll insert with 45 degrees angled face grooves. On the other hand, The new Spider EX comes with a Roll 2 insert made from co-molded TPU and eight silver aluminum beams.
This EX putter is 3.5 mm longer from heel to toe and 2.7 mm wider from front to back than the Spider X putter.
Compared to the steel-bodied construction of the Spider X putter, The Spider EX has an aluminum frame with two 28 grams steel weights and one tungsten weight that sits in the back portion of the head.
3. What grip comes with this Putter?
Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0 grip.