In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Callaway Strata Set
Wilson Profile SGI Set
We know that the majority of a group of clubs are costly. It can be overwhelming, even dementia, so we wanted to take a moment to remind all of you that are gearing up for golf is not breaking the bank. You don’t have to spend big to play big.
You really can put together a full-bag of gear at an affordable price. Affordable means different things to a different player, but yeah, I’m saying it can be possible.
So now the question is, what’s the right way to do it? Or How To Buy It?
That’s right, an entire bag of clubs for less than the cost of a new driver.
Whether you are a golf expert or a beginner in the sport, you need to invest in a great quality clubs to ensure that you are ready to face the challenges of golf.
Every golfer knows the importance of a good golf club. It can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Choosing the right golf club can significantly help improve your technique.
It is crucial to invest your time, effort, and money wisely, especially if you are buying a golf set for the first time. You don’t have to spend a small fortune on your first set of golf-clubs.
Just make sure to try out a lot of different brands so that you can honestly figure out what is most comfortable for you to use. Several club sets are suitable for the novice and the expert golfer, and with this in mind, we reviewed a few of them.
Below is a review of Top 10 Best Golf clubs Under $500 that you should consider.
Top 10 Golf Clubs Under $500
|Best Golf Club Set||Clubs||Sand Wedge||Head Covers|
|Callaway Strata Tour||10||Yes||3|
|Wilson Profile SGI||10||Yes||3|
|Wilson Golf Ultra Plus||9||–||3|
|Wilson Staff Tour||10||Yes||3|
|Tour Edge Bazooka 360||11||Yes||–|
|Tour Edge Bazooka 270||11||Yes||–|
|Wilson Profile XD||10||Yes||3|
Which are the 10 Best Golf Clubs Under $500?
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Set
One of the best set in the market is the callaway strata. This set includes everything that golfers will need for their game. To reduce the stress of club buying, Callaway offers the golfer the option to purchase their clubs as a complete set instead of one at a time.
This Set is engineered to give you high performance on every club for better shots from tee-to-green. The light-weight 460cc forged driver, fairway wood, hybrids, irons, and putter make up a set that provides a great combination of distance, forgiveness, and control.
The whole set comes in a light-weight, durable stand-bag that includes backpack-style straps for easy carrying and plenty of pockets for all the accessories you need out on the golf course.
- It is designed for increased performance on every shot.
- The strata golf tour set offers the complete bag sold as a single golf club.
- The price point below the typical cost of an iron set allows
- players more budget to spend on other areas.
- Its iron is of high precision and Stainless-Steel.
- Drivers help you travel a better distance.
- Hybrids give a high trajectory on shots.
- The putter is comfortable and easy to use.
- 3-wood takes some time getting used to.
- There is no SW in the bag.
2. Wilson SGI Profile Complete Set
As a beginner shopping for a set of clubs, you might not always know where to start, but you can rely on top brands like Wilson to have something that will work for you.
Their Profile SGI set is produced for male golfers that are just starting, and it includes the basic-clubs that they will need. These clubs are a 460cc driver, stainless steel irons, a comfortable launching SW, and heel/toe weighted putter.
Also, the fantastic clubs come in a spacious carry-bag that includes comfortable and adjustable straps and a beautiful self-activating-stand. It topped the list of the best clubs under $ 500 due to its high performance and affordable price.
- Larger and beginner-friendly Driver.
- Highly accurate and long-distance irons.
- The SW is designed to improve shot make and green-side control.
- All clubs have a beautiful and comfortable grip.
- It comes with a light-weight and high-quality carry-bag.
- Relatively more affordable.
- It might not be very durable for regular players.
- It is a slightly outdated technique for pro golfers.
3. Wilson Golf Ultra Plus Package Set
The Profile Platinum set for men delivers the ultimate mixture of performance, durability, comfort, and convenience. An upgrade from our popular Profile sets, Profile Platinum, includes a high-end PVD black-finished driver who both reduces glare and enhances durability.
The set also includes a number 3 fairway wood, a number five hybrid, irons six through PW, an ergonomic and light-weight stand-bag, and three premium matching headcovers. Whether you’re just starting to play or looking to upgrade your current gear, Profile Platinum is an excellent choice.
- The driver features a durable black PVD.
- Improved display technology and light-weight components are included.
- Easy to hit hybrid with tip reinforced graphite shaft.
- Engineer for maximum control.
- Profile Platinum Technology for Stretcher Shots.
- It comes with the anti-glare finish and strong visual alignment features.
- According to my, there are no cons as it is a complete and better golf set.
4. Wilson Men’s Ultra Golf Clubs
The most affordable golf set in today’s market is the Wilson-Ultra Full golf set. This set includes everything golfers will need to play golf at an extremely low price. Without having to buy each club one-by-one, you can spend more time playing and enjoying the game.
Wilson is a brand that has been rocking and rolling since before Arnold Palmer was cool, and they are sure to be a household name for many years to come. This club set does much to prove why they deserve their reputation.
So now that we established it’s a good brand, what makes these clubs stand out? Why should you use some of your week’s salary on this particular set?
- Amazing game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers.
- Large 460cc Titanium driver uses hot face and low center of gravity to drive the ball off the Tee.
- Large sweet spot irons include perimeter weighting for improved performance on off-center hits.
- Alignment putter with soft Paddle grip improves aim and distance for all golfers.
- Light-weight, the ergonomic bag features a self-activating stand and numerous pockets.
- The driver’s head tends to come off after some use and needs replacements.
5. Wilson Staff Tour Golf Clubs
A complete set, such as the Wilson Deep Red Men’s Right Handed club Set is a perfect way for the entry-level golfer to begin playing the game. This set is one of the most adaptable on the market, coming in teen, standard, and tall sizes.
This set is all about making golf as rewarding as possible. This set is ideal for more advanced-golfers, with a light-weight bag and high-quality equipment.
This set includes a 10.5° driver with graphite shaft, 3 Fairway Wood with graphite shaft, 5 Hybrid, 6,7,8,9 irons, a pitching wedge, a sand-wedge, putter, carry bag and three headcovers.
This tour set features R&D engineered components for superior performance. A perfect set for better golfers looking for great equipment and light-weight premium bag with headcovers.
- Light-weight and durable Equipment.
- Easy to hit hybrid club replaces those long irons and helps with accuracy and distance.
- This golf set includes premium components.
- All clubs made with Advanced materials and the latest technologies.
- Its aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance.
- Pitching and SW are perfect for accuracy around the green.
- Some users didn’t like the putter.
6. Tour Edge Bazooka 360 Complete Set
If you’re looking for everything you need to hit the golf course right out of the box, look no further than the Bazooka 360 full box set. It all starts with 12 essential golf clubs: a driver, 3-wood, 4H-hybrid, 5-9 irons, Pitching-Wedge, Sand-Wedge, and a putter.
That’s a high-performance club to execute every shot you need to make during a round. It all stores easily in the light-weight stand-bag that includes an eight-way divided top, five zippered pockets, and dual carry straps, so it is easy to walk with and maneuver.
The full set is produced with Tour Edge’s game-enhancing technologies to help you shoot lower scores and have more fun playing golf.
- It consists of a 460 CC titanium driver.
- High MOI for greater forgiveness, longer and more consistent Tee-Shots.
- It also includes the High MOI for longer and consistent Tee-Shots.
- Lightweight and durable bag.
- Driver, fairway woods, and hybrid have graphite shafts while the irons and putter have steel-shafts.
- The full set is designed with game-enhancing technologies.
- The bag is quite simple.
- There is no more color option for choice.
7. Precise S7 Golf Club Pack
The Precise S7 is probably one of the best options you can get for golf-clubs. And yes, you get a SW as a bonus. You get everything you need to play golf in this set; The best part is the price is relatively low than other golf sets.
This set came with a good selection of clubs: driver, 3-5 Fairways, 24-27 hybrid, 7, 8, 9 irons, PW, SW, putter and a stand-bag. You also get a durable bag and 5-headcovers with this set, and dual compound grips on the clubs that make them more comfortable to play.
- The bonus SW makes this set entirely perfect.
- Best suited for taller golfers having more than 6-feet 2-inches.
- This is including a large clubhead, which means you get a large sweet spot.
- Shots off the tee are very effective and fly straight and fast.
- The shafts of irons are made of steel. That means you also have durability on your hand.
- If I had to add one con to this set, it would be the bag. But the quality doesn’t seem like its too durable.
8. Precise M5 Complete Golf Clubs
The Precise M5 golf club set is yet another highly-recommended pack for its excellent performance and commendable features.
The golf club is ideal for men who want to improve their knowledge and skills in golfing. It is made with a light-weight, high modulus, which is pure graphite for all the clubs.
The material is known for its durability and heavy-duty performance. And when finding a new set, it is one of the things to find. It is good that the Precise M5 has such a feature.
One of the things that make the set a top-rated set in the category is its complete inclusion of a 460cc driver, #3 wood, 21 Hybrid, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW stainless irons, putter, deluxe stand bag and 3 headcovers.
- 460cc Ti-Matrix Driver, Stainless-Steel Woods, and Irons.
- Also has a light-weight stand carry bag.
- A whole, playable set of clubs at a price few can match.
- The latest advancements in its club engineering and design are given.
- Clubs provide you with better speed and accuracy.
- It is suitable for longer and straighter shots.
- American made True Temper steel shafts.
- Driver not as durable.
9. Tour Edge Bazooka 270 Box Club Set
One of the best values in golf, the Bazooka 270 box set, features a game-enhancing technology for lower scores. The set includes a 460cc titanium driver with a high moment of inertia (MOI), which reduces club head twisting for greater forgiveness and longer, more consistent shots.
The oversized 3-wood is easily hit off the deck and produces accurate, high-flying shots because of its low center of gravity. It all starts with an 11-basic golf clubs: a driver, 3-Fairway, 4-hybrid, Irons-5-9, Sand-Wedge, and a putter.
That’s a high-performance club to execute every shot you need to make during a round. It all stores easily in the light-weight stand-bag that includes a six-way divided top, four zippered pockets, and dual carry straps, so it’s easy to walk with and maneuver.
- Oversize high-MOI 460CC driver for longer, straighter tee shots.
- Low-profile stainless steel fairway wood.
- Easy-to-hit hybrid features a deep CG and low profile design for maximum carry and soft landing.
- High-MOI heel-toe weighted putter with an easy-to-use alignment aid delivers more accurate putts.
- It includes a premium light-weight stand bag with a rain hood.
- Not a suitable option for pro golf.
10. Wilson XD Profile Complete Golf Club Set
If you’re in the market for an affordable beginner’s set of golfclubs, there are a couple of things to understand from the top. First, you are necessarily going to be making compromises, regardless of the quality of the set.
The XD requires as much understanding as those expensive entry-level sets. It just leaves room afterward for you to afford to play golf.
The second to know is that you need a set that fits you. This XD Package Sets are customized based on lengths, shafts, and grip size to fit golfers to their swing and physical characteristics. A unique custom fit system in a box, this set is produced for men playing the course regularly or newcomers looking to take the game seriously.
Profile XD is one of the most famous club set and I think its popularity is well deserved, as it is reasonably priced and clubs included are a great bargain for the price.
- A complete, playable set of clubs at a price few can match.
- High-lofted driver (10.2-degrees), fairway wood (5 wood), and hybrid (5 hybrids) help get the ball up in the air easier.
- Super game improvement techniques are given to enhance the experience of the new golfer.
- Its aggressive design focuses on distance and control.
- It is engineered for faster swing speeds.
- Some were not satisfied with the feel of the steel-shafts (considered them too stiff).
Keep These Things In Mind When Buying a Club Set!
Center of gravity
A better Center of Gravity (COG) is required inside the club to launch the ball higher and longer. This only indicates that the weight distribution within the club has been pushed back as low and meditative.
Various materials are used by manufacturers to give it a right look, of which tungsten is highly-fashionable. Tungsten is more substantial than steel, and by adding it to the sole, manufacturers produce a lower COG. The wider soles will likewise-feature the backside of the weight for a better COG, which works better.
A shaft plays an essential role in giving the club a better shape, which needs to be kept in mind when determining certain areas. Such as material, scaffolding, length, flex and tipping point, etc. Shafts often come in steel or graphite, from which you can choose the appropriate option.
Graphite is mainly used on drivers and wood, while steel shafts are more common on irons and wedges. The senior and slow players also use graphite shafts on all clubs in their bags.
Loft here is related to your swing-speed. A ball of higher swing-speed will require less scaffolding to wind up than a lower swing-speed. On drivers, faster-swing speeds typically require lofts of 10-degrees or less, while slower-swing speeds work better with lofts above 10 degrees.
When it comes to irons you can fluctuate between its lofts and the reason is that some sets get long distances with other clubs. An example of this is that a 6 iron with a 31-degree loft would achieve greater distance than a 6 iron with a 33-degree loft.
As with many other aspects of your clubs, shaft stiffness is also associated with your swing-speed. If you are looking to achieve very fast swing speeds an extra-strong shaft will be required, while a slightly slower swing speed requires a stiff shaft.
The most commonly used shafts are steel shafts because they are heavy and strong.
Club set is designed in all types to accommodate almost every possibility. Some clubs are designed solely for distance or are advanced players while there are clubs designed for forgiveness that will provide golfers with assistance and confidence. A better design enhances your confidence.
Well, there you have it: the best clubs under US$500. These Golf Set are some of the best but rarely got the attention they deserved and slipped right through the cracks. Finding the best deals takes time, but it absolutely can be done.
Looking at clubs another year or two older probably isn’t going to have any severe performance implications, but it could save you another 1 or 2 hundred bucks easily.
Know your budget, understand what you can reasonably get with whatever money you have to spend, and then get your boss bag of gear on the cheap.
I hope you enjoyed the read and found the article enlightening. Share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below; otherwise, a share will be appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do golf club set to hold their value?
A group of clubs always do a better job of taking the price down. There is also no option that a low price pack will not provide good quality and durability. Clubs of trained brands will get you a good price, which retains some of its value. Golf club set is not like other products. They do not break nor wear. This is an ambitious purchase.
2. Are old golf-clubs worth any money?
Golf equipment is no different from furniture, rare wine, and Chinese porcelain: old is often better than new and a lot more valuable.
Many clubs produced as recently as the 1950s and ’60s are considered “classics.” Some are worth $1,000 a set, and the right kind of SW can bring $500 or more all by itself.
3. How much does a good golf set cost?
Typical costs: Average sets for casual players range from $200 to $400, depending on the quality of the metal used in the clubs. Stainless steel and partially graphite clubs are generally less expensive than titanium.
4. What clubs should I have in my bag beginner?
Golfers need to have a driver, a putter, irons, and a wedge or two even to play the game at a basic level. That’s why finding the right golf club set for a beginner is so significant.
The best beginner sets have at least one driver, two kinds of wood, one putter, one hybrid, two wedges, and seven irons.