In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Titleist V1 Pro
Titleist V1x Pro
Your skills as well as focus, the right equipment, and dedication play a crucial role in being an unforgettable experience on the golf course. In this way, choosing the right ball for the golf game is also very important.
The right golf ball can help you improve in the things you do well, and it can fix some of the things you don’t do well.
You must have got what we are going to talk about in this review – Best Balls for High Handicapper!
If you are a high handicapper and are looking for the right ball for you that will elevate your game and be one of the best golf balls for high handicaps!
If yes, then you are at the right place where you will get the golf ball as per your need. We are going to explain a lot about golf balls, so read this article in its entirety.
Modern golf ball design is no longer as simple as it once was. Tour-level balls are now made not only for tour-level players but also by the manufacturers to make them better to help the average player.
We’ve prepared a list of Best Golf Balls For High handicappers based on Golfer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Golf Rangefinders buying located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Golf Balls For High Handicappers
|Titleist Pro V1||90||3-Piece||352|
|Titleist Pro V1x||90||4-Piece||332|
|Bridgestone E6 Soft||50||3-Piece||330|
|Srixon Q-Star Tour 2||72||3-Piece||338|
|Srixon Soft Feel||60||2-Piece||338|
|Srixon Z Star 6 XV||102||4-Piece||338|
|Titleist DT TruSoft||60||2-Piece||376|
Which are the 10 Best Golf Balls for High Handicappers In 2021?
1. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
If you are high handicappers and want to improve your golf game and get the best score in it, then maybe the right choice for you. It is designed to give more speed to your shot. I believe it is faster than you expect. Also, this Pro V1 features low ball spin for greater distance so that you get a long and expected distance.
This Pro V1 is made for professional golfers. It delivers speeds of over 90 miles per hour. The tapping of real capacity for long range and high spin rates is preferred over tapping. The Pro V1 helps you maintain superb grenade control.
It is one of the lowest compression golf balls. This may be true to some extent, but high handicappers will achieve far more performance than these golf balls.
- It has more stability for a better flight.
- This ball has very little spin and is capable of going far.
- It also includes a controlled trajectory.
- This drop-and-stop short feels very soft for game control and is perfect.
- Spherical-tiles 352 tetrahedral dimple design.
- The Pro V1 compresses at around 90.
- Above average price point.
- Too soft for some golfers.
2. Titleist Pro V1x Golf Balls
The New Pro V1x golf ball is engineered to provide total performance for every player and unmatched quality and consistency on every shot. The Pro V1x has exceptional speed, high-trajectory, less long game spin, drop-and-stop control, and more speed for a softer feel. The Pro V1X always produces less driver spin, but you’ll notice its full wedge shots, where it generates almost 300 RPM less than the Pro V1.
New Titleists will be able to improve their game with the Pro V1x. It has a new patented cover that provides more spin and control with a softer feel in your game. It is one of the best golf balls for high handicappers with a high projection and low driver spin that makes your game incredible.
It’s drop-and-stop greenside provides exceptional control of the ball. The Pro V1x golf ball uses a soft compression ZG process core technology. An improved high-performance urethane elastomer cover system is used here.
- It is more consistent with long-distance plays.
- Its surface is quite durable, which you will notice.
- With Pro V1x, you get a high projection angle.
- The Pro V1X always produces less driver spin..
- It gives extraordinary range with Consistent Flight.
- Now it is Available in High Optic Yellow.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Designed for Pros and High-Level Amateurs Only.
3. Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
It is one of the softest golf balls on the market. It certainly lives up to its name. When you hit the ball, it is like hitting a pillow. At high swing, it feels a bit meaty, but with a slow swing, it feels great.
The new Supersoft balls are a long, straight distance golf ball that’s incredibly soft, with an ultra low-compression core for fast ball speeds, and super low spin and low drag. I liked these golf balls, but it has to fit your swing. It isn’t only for high handicappers. If you have a slower swing or prefer a softer feeling ball, then you also play with this.
- It is combined with multi-color options.
- Minimal spin with longer area.
- Accurate and straighter ball flights.
- It is the best golf ball with ultra-low comp.
- Super soft and durable.
- Relatively affordable.
- It loses little control around the greens.
4. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
This Golf Ball is aimed at handicappers who distance from short game control and soft feeling. It has been re-engineered with a softer, higher-speed LSX core and the fastest cover mix of Titleists to deliver less spin and faster ball speeds off the tee.
It comes with a soft, high-speed LSX core, and at the same time, produces fast initial velocity for deep downgrade distances on all full swing shots. Its new NAZ + cover provides high speed for long distances and extremely spins, and a 328-tetrahedral dimple design with spherical tiles ensures high-flying all shots and long carry.
Most high handicapper looking for more distance should opt for the Velocity Golf Ball. You usually have a choice between distance or experience when you shop for something that is not a tour ball. But Velocity provides a distance ball that lacks a rock-hard spirit.
- It comes with a soft, high-speed LSX core.
- It is the best golf ball that comes with 328 tetrahedral dimples.
- It provided extremely low game spin.
- The quality short game feels.
- It seems a bit hard to use.
5. Bridgestone E6 Soft Golf Balls
If you are looking for the best golf balls for the high handicapper, then you should include the brand new Bridgestone E6 in your approach. It is an excellent performance from the tee. The Bridgestone E6 Golf balls are a merger of their previous E6 models, the E6 Soft and E6 Speed.
It is designed with the mantle layer to give the ball an advanced distance. The Surlin-Cover with Delta Dimple means it glides super straight. It is the lowest-driver spin balls produced by the company and done so to provide straighter distance. These golf balls are made to improve your game.
It produces low maneuvers and long iron spins for incredibly straight distances. Advance Mantle and Cover work together to provide an incredible feel and greenside performance.
High handicappers sometimes need to make more frequent contact with their short shots than a ball that maximizes spin on a pure strike.
- Straighter and longer ranges.
- Great approach and top-notch greenside performance.
- Smoother air resistance.
- Solid balls that work well for all handicaps.
- Greater long game control.
- The surface seems to scratch easily.
- Lack of greenside control.
6. Srixon Q-Star Tour 2 Golf Balls
This Golf ball is a better option in general with more swing and tour-level performance. It has a 75 to 95 MPH swing range, which is suitable for high handicappers.
It has a new dimple pattern with 338 dimples. This new dimple pattern is designed for better aerodynamics and wind performance. It is formed by a single rubber core that is soft on the inside and light on the outside. This reportedly moderate swing speed allows the golfer to compress the ball fully.
It has a Tour Uretan cover that is quite soft, slim and offers a Tour-caliber green-side spin for control.
Its energetic shield development core promotes seamless power transfer to maximize advanced core construction distance and optimize ball performance on every shot. 338 Aerodynamic Speed? Dimple Patterns Optimal dimple design minimizes drag and increases lift for more distance and maximum stable, penetrating flight in any wind condition.
- It is the best golf ball that comes with Mid-high launch with high green-side spin.
- Its 3RD Genesis spin skin coating makes for a more green-side spin and better approach spin from any lie.
- Its Tour Urethane cover provides a tour-caliber green-side spin for total control.
- Its EGG Core construction promotes seamless energy transfer to maximize distance and optimize ball performance on every shot.
- Its 338 aerodynamic speed dimple pattern provides more distance and maximum stable by reducing drag.
- Wears Out Quickly.
- A bit Hard.
7. Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls
Srixon Soft Feel incorporates 338 dimples to up the previous model to deliver a soft feel with an ungraded dimple-pattern. This is a distance ball, not a premium or tour model. Less drag has been used to provide it a greater distance and improve aerodynamics. The Energetic-Growth-Core is embedded in it to give a better launch.
Its deaf ionome cover has been thinned by 1.6 mm, which can make you feel better. It is designed with a green number, and a slightly different side stamp on it to make it look more attractive.
The comp. is kept at 60 to keep the main sound better. It is about medium to low, so the sound of the wedge and putter gives you a soft response.
- Its Core-Technology provides extra distance with an ultra-soft feel.
- It gives a high-launch away from the tee.
- It provides a low spin trajectory.
- Its softener, a thinner cover, makes it feel soft on all pitches, chips, and puts.
- It provides more greenside spin for high handicappers.
- The Soft Feel is available in Soft White and Passion Yellow.
- More control at the expense of distance.
8. Srixon Z Star 6 XV Golf Balls
The MrXon Z-Star XV is a premium four-piece golf ball that provides the highest distance and is designed to give skilled players the full performance of the tour from tee to green.
It is available in the fantastic colors of Pure White and Tour Yellow. The new Srixon Z-STAR XV provides the distance for experienced high handicappers. Featuring a new FastLayer Core and 4th Generation Spin Skin with SeRM, the sixth-generation Z-STAR XV offers tour-caliber performance in premium, 4-piece construction for distance and feel, if we talk.
The Z Star XV with its 102 compasses is designed for handicappers with high swing, average or slow golfer do not achieve maximum performance from this golf ball. The Z Star XV retails at an above-average price point but is still cheaper than other major premium golf balls.
- It is better for maximum distance and exceptional greenside control.
- Its new fast-layer Core maximizes distance with high-speed.
- It provides exceptional grenade control and feels.
- This green-side spin and stopping power has been achieved with the help of 4th generation spin physical technology
- Its 338 dimple pattern promotes the flight of a straight and controlled ball.
- Golfers can choose between white or tour optic yellow when purchasing it.
- It is a bit expensive.
- This isn’t a better option for the average or slow-swing speed players.
9. Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Balls
The Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Balls are made with Tru-Touch Core and TruFlex covers. It is the softest feeling title and offers better distance through short shots at longer shots and less game playability to prevent green power. Available in white and high optic yellow.
Titleist R&D created a new core and cover formulation, which delivers short game playability as well as very short spins in long games for impressive distances.
The DT TruSoft technology results in the best blend of soft compression and consistent performance you expect. You will also be able to see features like the softest feel, reliable quality, and consistency.
- It provides a flexible feel without being soft.
- It gives the best performance around the green course.
- Its price is very reasonable compared to other brands.
- It provides less-spin for longer distances.
- This has enhanced the short game spin for better performance.
- This is a reasonable option for maximum distance.
- Players above average swing speed are not the right option.
10. Volvik Vivid Golf Balls
This golf ball is unique in the fact that it combines Volvic’s neon colors with a fantastic matte-finish and all of the amazing performance of our crystal ball.
The Vivid is a 3-piece ball that has been tested as one of the longest golf-balls on the market today, making it a better choice, especially for slow to medium swing speeds. The VIVID is the first matte finish golf ball that gives the golf ball air and ground stability.
Matte-finish has increased visibility and play speed by improving course management and ball striking due to the increased awareness of where your golf ball is located. In fact, there is nothing else like Volvik-Vivid.
- Its highly visible matte color finish is highly visible.
- It has a new, larger core designed to maximize distance.
- It is designed to produce low driver spin and high wedge spin.
- It has an Ionomer cover with a 322-dimple pattern for continuous steady flight.
- It provides a swing rate of 70–90 mph.
- It has a Volvic compression rating of 75.
- It has a 3 piece golf ball Layer.
- The colors are not suited for all players.
How To Choose The Best Golf Balls for High Handicappers?
What are the criteria for choosing the best golf balls? Well, we are here to clarify everything. We have some important things to consider when selecting a ball for selecting the best golf balls for high handicappers. These things are as follows –
The latest golf balls are found to have a two-piece and multi-layer construction.
There are two-piece constructions, which consist of a thin resin of a plastic resin called Surlin and a large rubber-core. Three-piece golf balls are characterized by a middle layer of material that is squeezed between the Core and the cover.
Multi-layer golf balls are better for mid-to-low handicappers with faster swing speeds. Its core or mantle layers enhance control, feel, and shot sculpting. Its thinner cover further enhances spin control and provides a soft, crisp feel.
The Core is the interior of a golf ball, and can also be called the base of such a ball. The cover is certainly important, and dimples make frequent flights possible, but it is an essential part of the ball. It takes a lot of research and time to get an accurate response from the origin of the manufacturer’s golf ball. So whenever you buy a ball, you must note that the Core of the ball is made of better material.
It is divided into three categories to make it easy for handicappers to find their ideal golf ball. To help you find the compression factor right for you, we have provided a simple guide below.
High Compression: If golf-balls have a rating of 100 or higher and are used by the toughest hitters. A golfer may often require high compression golf balls for maximum accuracy. Since low compression golf balls provide more distance, players with slower swing speeds prefer this type of ball.
Medium Compression: This type of golf ball usually included the 70–90 range. The maximum distance can be achieved with this swing speed. So for players who say maximum swing rate with maximum distance, this is the appropriate option.
Low compression: Golf balls come in a variety of compression rates with a low number representing minimal compression. Low Compression Golf Balls make the wound less tight and are considered soft.
Since lower compression balls provide more distance, players with slower swing speeds (generally beginners, juniors, seniors, and women) prefer these types of ball.
There are two main types of golf ball covers- Surlyn and Urethane. Surlyn, an ionomer resin developed by DuPont has been used to cover golf balls since the mid-1960s.
Synthetic Ionomer: Synthetic Ionomers cover are synthetic polymers that have many of the same properties as per urethane. They are often made under brand names like Dupont’s Surlyn, which itself has many uses besides golf ball covers. These synthetic resins produce covers that are almost always tougher and softer than urethane.
Urethane: It is widely used as a cover material in tour advanced balls. It is softer and more durable than Surelin. It is well-liked by high handicap players as it increases spin.
To get a better ball as well as the distance you want, you again have to consider the number of layers in the ball’s construction. So keep in mind the fewer layers, the higher the distance.
Two-layer balls will usually give you the desired distance, and you will need to spin at least so that you can hit them with much force, improving your performance and taking your game to a higher level To go.
Dimples are usually similar in size to each other, but some golf balls have many different sizes of dimples on the same ball. Any number between 300 and 500 dimples is appropriate, but 336 is a common number. It reduces the effect of air pressure by decreasing the ball’s coverage area.
This aspect also affects the distance that the ball can reach. If you go for wide and shallow dimples, the ball will be able to reach longer distances with less backspace.
For high handicappers, it is necessary to finalize the budget before purchasing the golf balls. This will allow you to narrow down your options and prevent you from wasting your time on balls that are out of your reach.
If you are passionate about the sport and want to experience a fantastic game, being the least expensive can get you the best ball. But keep in mind, expensive does not always mean better, so consider all other factors while buying.
We have finished our review. Now it is your choice to select the best set of golf balls available on our list. Just keep in mind that the softer the ball, the shorter the spin for straight and long-range shots, and the more work layers the ball has, the more distance it will set.
When choosing a golf ball model, it is important to balance budget, durability, and performance. The right ball will give golfers greater distance, better compress, spin rate, and more excellent stability in the golf bag. Be sure to check out our other reviews to complete your Golf Bag, thanks for being in the Review.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the spin rate of ball impact shots?
If the spin rate of the ball is high, it will not go very far, and you will need more power to reach the distance you want. Therefore, if you go for balls with a high spin rate and you do not know how to take advantage of them, then you can abandon the performance.
2. Do softer golf balls go further?
Although soft golf balls go beyond the tee for players with low swing speeds, the difference in the full range of ball types is only around 5 yards, so it is more important to fit the ball into its irony and then to your driver. Fit the ball to your liking to maximize distance.
3. What Do the Dimples Do?
Dimple also has an important role in the performance of the ball. They can break the air around the ball to provide better performance. Here, the number of dimples on the ball does not matter as much as their size, shape, and depth.