In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
PING Hoofer Lite
Are you looking for a light golf-bag? If yes, there are plenty of options for you to collect from that will accommodate your needs – golf stand bags, cart bags, stylish bags, bags equipped with more features than other bags.
Here, we are talking about the best golf bags. If you are a regular walker, then you must say that you have a very lightweight bag on your shoulders.
Here is your easy guide to the best lightweight bags in the business by some of the top-manufacturers. We’ll tell you what’s best for those looking for the ultimate carry-bag, a no-frills beauty that’s easy on your shoulders and especially.
When you going in the market and find a quality bag that is lightweight and soft. Looking at the vast range of golf bags available, we have done some in-depth research to provide you with the new golf bags yet. We will give you ideas about what may be appropriate.
We’ve prepared a list of Top Golf Bags based on Golfer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying located towards the last of this post.
Top 10 Lightweight Golf Bags
|Product Name||Weight (Lbs)||Top||Pockets|
|PING Hoofer Lite||5||4-Way||7|
|Sun Mountain 2.5+||2.9||4-Way||5|
|Orlimar Golf Bag||1.9||2-Way||1|
|Callaway Hyper Lite Zero||3||4-Way||4|
|TaylorMade LiteTech 3.0||3||4-Way||6|
Which Are The 10 Best Lightweight Golf Bags In 2021?
1. PING Hoofer Carry Stand Golf Bag
The Ping Hoofer Light is designed for golfers with the right carry, who simply need the necessary gear. An additional seven pockets have been included in this. Going from just 12 to 7 pockets reduces the total capacity from 22 liters to 20.
It makes the golfer feel much lighter (4 pounds). The Hoofer Lite is an all-around bag with lots of pockets strategically positioned for your ease of use. Users love the bag’s various features that make it even easier to walk through the golf course.
It is a high-end bag and remains a center of attraction among golfers due to its lightweight, durability, and ergonomic features.
- It provides easy adjustment shoulder-pads with SensorCool technology.
- It has a wide 24″ leg span.
- It also has a cart-strap channel.
- It has a reliable rain hood inside its hip pad.
- It includes an umbrella holder.
- The strap connector makes it easy to take off and attach.
- This is slightly higher in terms of value.
2. Sun Mountain 2.5+ Golf Bag
The Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag comes with a 5-pocket, which includes a full-length garment, a valuables, a ball pocket with two zippers. This ensures that your golf bag is easy on and off.
Also, it features reliable and robust carbon-fiber, and is as light as a feather, given its dimensions. It weighs less than three pounds, yet it makes zero compromises about requirements. Every golfer knows that weight, storage, and reliability are a never-ending pursuit when it comes to the ideal stand bag.
To make their golf bags as light as possible, many companies use durable materials in the process, or they sacrifice storage space / useful pockets, and those that appear in the final bag. However, the Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag does not suffer from those issues, as the company managed to maintain its renowned standard of quality.
- It has 4-way top full-length dividers.
- It has a total of 5 pockets.
- It has two carbon-fiber legs for stands on all terrains.
- It has a lightweight, highly strong plastic top and bottom.
- It is easy to turn on and off with its X-strap type.
- It carries easily as a single-strap.
- It comes with a full-length pocket.
- This comes with 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Its towel holder design meant that need to have a carabiner.
3. IZZO Lite Golf Bag
IZZO is another name that has entered its name in our list of best products. These were one of the pioneers of the dual-strap now common to most lightweight golf bags. He specializes in golf bags and related accessories, so he focused his attention on designing and making high-quality bags.
Despite a tough and great quality nylon-construction, these bags weigh only 4.5 pounds. They have an attractive modern-design and are available in many colors. It is comfortable and easy-to-use. It comes with fully adjustable shoulder straps and keeps the bag stable with minimal stress on your back.
It has a ball -pocket with simple access magnetic seal. It also has a towel-loop, Velcro glove connector, an insulated drink cooler, and a waterproof velour-line pocket for valuables. It keeps the clubs well organized and is easy to remove with 5 section dividers.
- It is made with durable nylon.
- It has been given a very comfortable strap for lifting.
- It has free personalization on the ball-pocket.
- It comes with a handy magnetic ball holder.
- It comes with a lightweight-design(4.5 Lbs), making it one of the lightest stand bags on the market.
- This is slightly more pricey than other options.
4. JEF World Of Golf JR1256
If you want a super light to carry some clubs, then this JR1256 bag would be the best option for that. It will hold up to 8 clubs, but it is probably happy with 6 or 7. It is 4.25 inches in length, which covers the clubs completely. Its stand and strapwork well and make bag use fast and convenient.
The Pitch and Put Sunday Stand Bag is designed with a small and comfortable-design. It is amazing for traveling, walking, par, three courses, and driving range. It also includes a stand to make club selection easier.
Its carry handles make it very easy-to-hold. Its zipped pocket holds up to 10 balls, and it is very light-in-weight (2 pounds). It also comes with an adjustable carry sling.
- It is an excellent option for travel.
- It has an adjustable and soft carry-handle.
- Its Stand makes club selection easy.
- It can comfortably accommodate up to 8 clubs.
- It comes with a zipper pocket that holds up to 10 balls.
- Its Hook & loop -tape closure glove strip.
- Some users found the bag to be top-heavy.
- It does not have a color option.
5. Orlimar Golf Bag
Count this as another low-priced and light bag. These are available in a variety of colors, making it a great golf bag for picky consumers. It works like the previous bag size on the list but provides decent protection for expensive clubs.
The top opening of the bag is a generous 3.25 x 4.25, which is more than necessary in a short game. It also falls into the category of beginners but has enough protection for clubs to make it mildly interesting for some intermediaries.
Not as a primary bag, but better as a backup or emergency option. Professionals may once again feel that it does not fit their needs.
- It is built with a good-quality and simple design.
- It comes with a durable handle.
- It has a secondary pocket.
- Its two-compartment is top designed.
- It has different color options.
- Its price is very good.
- It has received many critical posts.
- Its strap stitch is not-good.
- This is not the best for a full course.
6. Callaway Hyper Lite Zero Stand Bag
This Bag is one of the ultra-light carry bags. It is engineered to save every additional ounce of this, without sacrificing durability and functionality. It is made of lightweight, highly strong-nylon.
Its top, which can comfortably hold 14 clubs. Its stand are made of carbon fiber, which is the best strength for weight loss. Its 4-zippered pockets are designed for ample storage so that you can carry items as per requirement on the course in any situation.
The ultra-lightweight carry bag nylon improved with a 25% increase in durability, with additional bag features making it even better.
- It is a lightweight stand bag, which makes your journey comfortable.
- Lightweight nylon is used with a 25% increase in durability.
- It has better, extra durable zippers.
- It has lightweight four-way tops.
- Its stand is made of strong fiber.
- It has YKK Zippered Valuables Pocket.
- It weighs only 3 lbs.
- According to some, there is little issue in its stand.
7. Cobra Golf Ultradry Stand Bag
Cobra has used a lightweight, durable-polyester to weave this bag, which includes 5-pocket layouts. All these features will make your golf journey easier so that you can perform better in your game without being tired.
The 14-way divider-top with full-length dividers and strong handles provide enough space for the entire set of clubs, providing enough space to keep your clubs perfect.
Its harness style strap carries a comfortable and balanced carry. Cobra uses a top-mounted-stand system that features a non-slip pad design for better stability of all types of surfaces. This is the right choice for you that will meet almost all your needs.
- It is designed with a top grip handle and a 14-way top.
- Oversize apparel pockets are included in this.
- It has backpack style straps.
- It has a total of 5 Pockets.
- It is made from 100% polyester.
- It is quite light-in-weight. (4.5 pounds)
- It is not a waterproof bag.
8. Titleist Carry Golf Bag
The Titleist Golf Bag is perfect for that quick round of nine or for a full 18 holes called crosses with a very light-in-weight. This bag is so easy-to-carry and use with integrated lift handles that allow for that perfect high balance point strap connection. Other accessories include a total of 4-pockets, with 3-pockets that are weather resistant.
Along with the weatherproof zipper, there is a lined values pocket. Comfortable access to keep your cool drink. There is a full side saddle ball pocket located just below the forged cover hip pocket, which provides simple access while carrying the bag. This bag is great for that simple, quick tee time when you are in for a round of golf.
This lightweight bag of only 0.6 pounds is a great alternative to your larger and heavier bag and is available in solid black. The lightweight design is what makes this bag easy-to-carry and use anytime. You will find that the carry-bag provides wide storage.
- It comes with a fully-featured compact design.
- Its two-way split top holds all its clubs for a quick round.
- It is given a strong strap system made with high-density foam for easy carrying.
- Its Starry waterproof material keeps your golf gear dry.
- It is very light-in-weight.
- It looks very amazing.
- Unable to carry 14 clubs.
9. TaylorMade LiteTech 3.0
The LiteTech 3.0 is a lightweight and excellent golf bag manufactured by TaylorMade, which has used an extraordinary 75 denier thin fabric to make. It is four times lighter at just 1.2 kg than Flextech Lite.
A massive 5-way, full-length divider-top provides excellent club management and protects the club from over-crowding, depending on the bag. Many grab handles are added to the top to make lifting more comfortable. A total of 6 pockets including on this golf stand bag. All six pockets are fully accessible when on the move and provide an incredible amount of storage.
It features a premium Sl-Strap Slider’ system to provide a well-balanced and easy-carry. A patented Flextec stand system has an anti-partition stand mechanism for growth on all types of surfaces. The stand mechanism retracts and can be ‘locked’ when not in use so that you can still use the trolley.
- It has five-way tops with multi handles.
- It has six pockets for carrying valuables.
- It is made of 75 denim thin tuff fabric.
- It is constructed of high strength composite.
- It comes with an ultra-lightweight design.
- It has a stall adjusting strap system.
- It can hold full-length dividers.
- This is a complete bag. (No Cons)
10. OGIO Golf Fuse-4 Stand Bag
It is a great bag made by OGIO, which claims to be quite light-in-weight. Its amazing-design and innovative strap technology give it an exceptionally light-feel that makes you feel as fresh as you did on the 17th hole.
Its integrated fitted disc strap system is capable of distributing weight to your shoulders, while the intuitive-design keeps the pockets where you need them.
The premium lightweight, waterproof ripstop fabric and ultra-refined design provide efficiency in weight and durability while maximizing performance. Wide and dense cushioned shoulder straps with its fitted Disc-Technology make this stand bag exceptionally easy-to-carry.
Modern-design and engineering deliver pockets and features to the right places specifically designed for seamless interaction. It is serious about the materials we use and leaves them at home because of the lack of space in the bag.
- It comes with top-4-way dividers.
- It has 8-total pockets with 4-zippered.
- It has an ergonomic double shoulder grip system with fitted Disc-Technology.
- It is also provided with an umbrella-holder and towel-loop.
- It has a padded-handle for a perfect grip.
- It also has a bottom loading-handle.
- It also comes with an extra rain hood.
- It is only 4.7 lbs in weight.
- It is made with 210D Ripstop Polyester Material.
- There is no retention-loop in this bag.
How To Choose The Best Lightweight Golf Bags?
Why is it important to select the right golf bag? If we conclude this, it would be an essential factor for golfers who like to walk more on the course. A wrong choice can make your walk uneasy, unpleasant, and frustrating. This will leave you distressed and tired. There are some significant aspects to consider before making your decision:
Our main focus in this article is on the best golf bags that are not heavy. It is very clear that if you are carrying a bag for 18 holes, you want it to be as light as possible. Clubs, balls, and other equipment will account for most of the weight, but you do not want the bag to be added to it.
The maximum you should go for is 5 lbs. The ideal range you should look for is from 2.5 pounds to 5 pounds. There is a reason why you need to be lightweight – a walking golfer will carry a bag for 18 holes, and this can strain your back or hands. Once you add an iron, ball, and other golf accessories, the weight can increase very quickly. The lighter your bag is, the more suitable you can carry it.
Nylon and polyester are both quality lightweight options that are tough and durable. Also, if you look at the feature of the stand, carbon-fiber is a good choice. The straps take a lot of stretches, so they need to be relaxed and strong. You should also check the condition of the zip, pouch, and handle-grip.
Always make sure that the bag has enough pockets to carry the golf accessories you have. It is necessary to have a good protective bag for valuables and a convenient place to keep your water bottle cool. Ball pouches are also important. There may be many personalities that appeal to some golfers.
Also, note that only store essential items in the bag—clubs, some golf balls, and an umbrella that are needed. The key is to lose as much weight as possible on your back. Do not carry items that you will not use that day. For anything else, use your pocket or a pushcart.
If you want your clubs to be safe, no sound around, and easy to remove or replace, make sure to check the design and flexibility of the dividers. Determine if they are full length. There are normally between 3 and 5 dividers.
The ideal amount is between 3 and 5. Most of our top picks have bags with separate dividers. If all your clubs are in one place, they will not be protected, and there will be more sound around the light stand bag when you are walking.
Some people prefer dual-strap, while others are happy with a single strap. When choosing, look at the padded and wide size so that you do not get tired quickly while walking. It is essential that they are durable and well attached, and they need to hold the bag steady on your back and not slip away while you walk.
There is no doubt that golf is an expensive sport. There are a lot of tools and accessories to buy for which your pocket will have to carry more burden each time.
In our view, you do not need to spend on a light bag, but avoid cheap ones as you will probably find it uncomfortable and need to be replaced before too long.
All of the above bags are great for the golf round. These are included depending on your taste, budget, and needs.
All these bags demonstrate strength and are ready to make your back feel relaxed. This will keep your clubs well protected, organized, and accessible, and they also have all the pocket space you need. The stand is a quality carbon-fiber and works well. All around, this is a great light golf-bag and a worthwhile investment.
I understand that the information given by me will help you in choosing the right bag for you, so now, without delay, pick your bag in which you feel that it is meeting your maximum requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Difference Between a golf Cart Bag and a Stand Bag?
A stand bag has the usual appearance of a cart bag but has the added advantage of being a set of two built-in legs that allow the bag to sit at an angle. While this style of bag can often fit in a cart, most people who use a stand bag carry it during their rounds of golf.
2. How Long Should a Golf Bag Last?
Modern golf clubs can have a lifespan of three years or less. However, the longevity of your clubs depends entirely on how often you play and how well you take care of your clubs.
3. What are the Different Pockets For a Golf Bag?
Most of the best golf bags have two pockets to carry the luggage at the bottom of the bag. These pockets can be handier in various bags that give you easy access. It is important to understand here that the more pockets are, the higher the bag weight.