In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Country Club Elite
Golf is one of those sports that has the power to encapsulate. For many of its players, it turns into a passion during the weekend. There are about 50-60 million golfers in the world, including some for entertainment and some professionals. This number has seen an increase in the past several times.
In today’s time, every player knows that practice is very important to play a better game. Now do these practices in the field or at home, but continuous practice can only achieve success.
Now here comes the problem that everyday practice in the field is not possible for everyone here if you get a ground-like atmosphere at home!
Yes, we are talking about golf practice mats, which are completely adapted to your game.
Golf practice mats may also be required for lot of reasons. For those who do not have the luxury of hitting the real grass or are unable to go to the golf course in winter, this is the perfect option. Golf mats can become a great training in terms of swing training.
We’ve prepared a list of Best Golf Mats based on Golfer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Golf Hitting Mats buying located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Golf Mats
|Country Club Elite||48″ x 48″||27 lbs|
|Dura-Pro Commercial||36″ x 60″||30 lbs|
|PGM4860 Emerald||48″ x 60″||14 lbs|
|Rukket Tri-Turf||36″ x 23.5″||11.4 lbs|
|Milliard Turf Grass||25″ x 16″||5.2 lbs|
|Callaway Launch Zone||16″ x 8″||8 lbs|
|Sky Dual-Turf||16’’x 25’’||4.9 lbs|
|Truedays Residential||12“x 24“||0.78 lbs|
|Nova Mat||16″ x 25″||–|
|Champkey Premium||13″ x 17″||6.4 lbs|
Which are the 10 Best Golf Hitting Mats In 2021?
1. Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat
Players looking for a product that can emulate the authentic feel of a golf course should opt for the Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat. This is the closest thing to an actual course you can ever experience.
It comes in a standard dimensions of 5′ x 5′, which allows you to stand on it while practicing fully. You can also use it at home. It is durable, reliable, and you can expect to use it for a long time.
One factor that makes it so much better than other golf mats is its deep real feeling turf. As with most other mats, your club will skid off the surface, but with the Country Club Elite, your club will be able to sink further down through the Turf.
This will help you get results on the actual syllabus. If you hit a solid shot, your club will flow freely through the Turf, but if you hit too far behind the ball, your club will be held by the grass and will result in a shot.
- It is best for practice in your home.
- Its outstanding grip-backing provides stability to the mat.
- With this, you can improve the swing of your back yard.
- It offers a real feel and realistic practice.
- With its long fiber system, it can reduce the risk of injury.
- There is no-bounce when hitting the ball.
- The wooden tee can be used on it.
- The material used in it is durable and long-lasting.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- The golf mat starts to flatten with use.
2. Dura-Pro Commercial Golf Mat
It is a multipurpose outdoor and indoor hitting mat. It gives you an area where you have an excellent experience while standing. An eight-year UV protection plan protects it.
It undergoes an intensive manufacturing process that includes thermal welding and industrial bonding. The manufacturers of this mat claim that it is 30% denser than any other golf mat on the market today.
It comes with eight years of UV-coverage, and also has a clean ball tray attached to the side of the product to protect your golf balls. This mat lacks a few things, one of which is the ability to take divots as it can inevitably damage it.
The other downside is the relatively fast wear tendency. This is likely due to the thickness or nature of the base material. The main reason for its durability is the thermal welding process which solidifies it so that it remains the same even after the period of use.
- It is fully thermal welded, not glued.
- It has a ball tray included.
- It is made by combining knitted nylon and composite materials.
- It’s good for the price.
- It is UV protected and gives 8-years warranty.
- It is engineered with shock elimination technology.
- It can be used on any hard surface as inside and outside.
- Due to its low durability, the base of the mat disintegrates.
3. PGM4860 4 x 5 Emerald Par Golf Mat
If you’re looking for a standard golf mat, then the PGM4860 4 5 x 5 Par Emerald Foot Golf Mat may not be the best option for you. This full-size golf mat gives you space to stand and a surface to hit.
This golf mat is made of half-inch thick nylon turf that is woven together. This woven surface is an entirely safe hitting platform that does not fill even thousands of shots.
Underneath this nylon exterior is a 5mm thick foam pad that prevents slippery and effects vibrations. This mat is excellent for use with both irony and wood. It also includes rubber tees.
Its Turf is made of ½” (.500) woven-nylon. This design feature ensures you have durability and a grass-like feel when you’re hitting. It is very durable, and the surface will not break easily with regular use.
- It is made by 1 / 2in (.500) woven nylon turf.
- Its 5 mm foam-backing prevents the mat from moving.
- It includes one (1) 2 “rubber tee holder.
- It is made in the USA.
- Its thick backing helps reduce club shock.
- It can be used on any surface.
- It is a well built and very durable product.
- This gives you a large enrage For wide-angle shots.
- It is Comfortable for all size’s people to stand on.
- It is great for family use.
- Great value for the money.
- It is not perfect for iron shots.
4. Rukket Tri-Turf Practice Mat
If you’re a learner or mid-handicapper and want to practice more, then this Tri-Turf Golf Grass mat is the best option for you. You just throw it down in your basement, backyard, and in an area where you want to practice.
There is no need to get worried about the weather because it can be used outdoor or indoor as your requirements. The 2mm rubber-base provides stability to the mat where you can confidently hit. It is also equipped with 12-plastic tees, 6 square-feet hitting the area, and high-quality grass.
It allows golfers to practice from different lies, and this is great because we all hit the ball into the rough on numerous occasions during a round.
This golf mat is made with exceptional quality that lasts all year. It is made from superior and most durable material over other products. Overall, this is a lifetime usable product and a satisfaction guarantee for the price.
- It is made of materials with the highest standards.
- It is perfect for the most rigorous practice sessions.
- It is very durable and long-lasting.
- It easily becomes portable.
- Its thick fringe turf gives a short game feel.
- It can be used both at home and outside.
- Its rubber-base provides stability during practice.
- It comes with 12 plastic tees for a perfect practice session.
- Its fairway position is a little high than usual.
5. Milliard 3-in-1 Turf Grass Mat
Milliard Grass Mat comes with three different turfs that make you experience the various forms of grass found in the course. Now you can practice with smooth, rough, and greens to correct your drive, chip, and put. It is ideal for both side use.
The mat has a rubberized EVA foam-backing that feels like real turf. This material protects the mat from slipping and provides flexibility to bend it after use. It comes in a small size, which makes it easy to take with you.
Sometimes your expensive clubs lean on the chip in a careless slice or bunker, but there is no such choice. It provides better protection to your clubs. With three greens to pick from, you can practice before your next game to get that perfect shot.
- It has three different turfs for practice.
- Its rubber EVA foam-backing feels soft and squishy like real turf.
- It comes whit a portable size.
- It is built with high-quality construction.
- It allows you to practice on different turf.
- Its rubber backing provided resistance to slipping.
- It has an area of 35 mm teeing ground, wild 35 mm rough grass, and 16 mm putting green.
- Its size may be too small for complete beginners.
6. Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat
The Callaway FT Launch-Zone Hitting Mat is one of the smallest mat. A short hitting mat makes you continuously focus on being in a full impact position. This small hitting mat also offers heavier weight than its rivals, so that it does not slide on impact and you can shorten with stability.
This is your golf turf in your home or office, on which you can continue the practice without interruption. The Callaway FT Launch-Zone Hitting Golf Mat gives you a true-turf feel to provide you real practice for your golf game.
Callaway incorporates its patented tee holding technology, which can place any tee directly into the mat. This hitting mat is handy for those working with limited space and a limited budget. The Callaway FT Launch-Zone Hitting Mat is an original swing mat for more experienced golfers.
- It is a real-turf surface that simulates hitting a real fairway or tee golf box.
- It is produced by solid material, which lasts longer.
- It comes with an ultra-durable, heavy rubber backing that minimizes slipping on impact.
- This helps improve the strike to protect your golf clubs from scratches and damage.
- Its heavyweight minimizes slide on impact.
- It is for indoor & outdoor use.
- It is portable for use at any location.
- According to some users, its size is slightly smaller.
7. Sky Dual-Turf Hitting Grass Mat
Sky Dual-Turf Golf mat offers you two different lies that include 35mm thick turf and 16mm fairway turf to practice both driving and chipping. This mat gives you perfect your skills without digging your lawn.
The mat comes in a small but functional size for easy use. A high-quality grass material is used in it, which, despite thousands of swings, does not become clogged.
The bottom has a strong rubber backing that ensures that it stays in place during use. Practicing it is certainly as close as playing on real grass.
This makes it ideal for indoors or outdoors regardless of the surface. You can bend it and move nowhere simply. This golf turf mat is ideal for home practice and provides a quality surface for playing and learning golf.
- It uses the best turf material to improve quality.
- Its rubber backing keeps it in place.
- It has two surfaces for more practice.
- It comes with a 35mm rough turf and 16mm fairway.
- Its durable grass provides a realistic experience.
- This helps improve your golf skills faster.
- The edges roll-up.
8. Truedays Golf Hitting Mat
You can also call it a budget golf mat because you don’t have to spend much on it. It is an idealistic choice for a beginner who can achieve a better game for less budget.
It comes with high-quality and durable nylon. 2mm foam is used as an excellent backing-grip to provide great stability and shock absorption to the mat. When you run your club in the mats, this backing foam provides protection from club shock.
This mat is an ideal practice golf mat for players who want to practice at home and become talented golfers. You can simply use it outdoor and indoor without notice about the weather. You can use this mat on any surface, including a wooden deck and courtyard.
- It can also use a regular wooden tee.
- It comes with a large matte design.
- It is very comfortable and durable to play.
- It comes with an anti-slip backing.
- It is made with 100% spring-crimped nylon.
- It will not fade, bunch, or leave damage on you clubs.
- It is very affordable.
- There is a problem with its edges roll-up.
9. Nova Portable Golf Practice Net with Hitting Mat
The Nova Golf Portable Practice System is better for the golfer who wants to take their practice regime to the next level.
Its net features a 7 ply, knotless design, and the frame is made of reinforced thick fiberglass poles that can easily withstand the impact of a golf ball.
This mat is made of high quality is nylon turf, import 0.04″ nylon grass, and non-slip 0.04″ SBR Grip of the mat, which prevents it from moving.
If we talk about its net, the structure and extra stability of its corner shape make it even better. Its ground-shaped update, unique tilt angle design, automatically returns the ball to the user.
This golf mat incorporates 3 different surfaces (Fairway, Rough & Tea Box).
Fairway – Short cut grass to simulate a well-groomed fairway. Practice hitting irons and hybrids from this clean cut.
Rough – Longer cut turf to simulate hitting out of the rough. Great to practice with your irons and wedges.
Tee Box – Short cut and neatly groomed turf. Hit balls directly off of the turf or stick a real tee in like you’re driving off of a real tee golf box.
- Its durable nylon material net which makes it very strong and efficient.
- This golf mat offers 3 different surfaces.
- Its net features a 7 ply, notched design.
- Its design is easy to fit and easily detachable to the net within seconds.
- It is quite lightweight and portable.
- No Cons
10. Champkey Premium Turf Golf Mat
Champkey is committed to elevating the golfer in each of us and guides and serves golfers to become their personal best for their journey. This Mat manufactured by Champkey uses a proprietary sliding mechanism to simulate the feeling of creating a real divot in real grass.
Its movement minimizes setbacks and injuries as you swing and provide authentic feedback about your shots to give a truer ball flight. It can be used at home or in the driving range for indoor and outdoor use.
It is only 6.4lbs Max., which is comfortably portable. You can bring it anywhere to practice your golf game. Its hitting surface is quite small (in 3 sizes), so it is probably not suited for beginners.
- You can also practice with or without a tee.
- Its proprietary sliding mechanism simulates the feel of making divots.
- It comes with an attractive design.
- It can be used easily in indoor and outdoor.
- It is quite a strong and very durable mat.
- It is designed to endure all kinds of shots.
- It is perfect for hybrid or fairway wood.
- Its small size is probably not suited for beginners.
How to Choose the Best Golf Mats?
The quality of the golf mats you choose will determine if and in which direction you take your game. Most people like to go for cheap products but forget that they can eliminate them. We have described some things below that will help you buy the best golf hitting mat-
The durability of any item is its most integral part that you need to consider. If you want to use your mat for many-years, then pay attention to its construction. The repeated beating of club strikes quickly lowers the mats of low durability as they are made of a rubber base and nylon surface.
Then there is the surface function feature that classifies different matte bases based on the purpose of use. Most people use mats to practice straight drives. These mats come with rubber guides.
However, mats are available for practicing pitch shots, which are made of arranged grass material. So whenever you buy a mat, definitely test the stability of your shot and mat.
For better durability, it is necessary to pay special attention to the length and height of the mat. Different lengths of mat are available in the market so that you can use different clubs and wedges in your practice sessions.
Driving mats are not long because you don’t have to be in contact with the surface. You need to choose the right size according to your needs. The most popular mats range from 2 sq ft to 25 sq ft. Larger golf mats will mean that you have a larger area to play, which is considered better for beginners.
Keep in mind that if your mat is too short, you have no surface-to-stand on. To deal with this, you’ll need another surface. Most portable golf mats have this difficulty. On the other hand, very large golf mats will be heavy and difficult to handle.
In general, a 15 square inch golf mat has been considered the best for most applications.
Anything that can make you feel the reality can be better than this. A better feeling increases the internal energy of a human being.
Some mats are just plain. While this may be a somewhat subjective choice and all actual courses have a different feel, most players agree that silicon provides a more authentic experience than a rubber.
This does not mean that all rubber mats are bad. Mats of better river quality also give you a good feeling which you’ll get here today.
The base is a primary fact of any good mat. Golf mat should have a rough base so that when you practice with the right durability. Improving the base is also necessary to prevent slipping around.
Most golf hitting mats have rubber bottles, which ensure that the rubber backing is thick enough to absorb more shock for better practice.
The type of surface of any hitting mat determines your type of performance. Most of the golf hitting mats in this collection are made of three main materials:- polyethylene, polypropylene, and nylon.
Each material is unique in its merit. Therefore, you should consider a mat whose surface is durable but soft — a surface on which you can display your game better.
Whenever it comes to pricing, many people compromise on quality, but this is a wrong practice. There are many expensive mats available in the market. They are made of high-quality materials and, thus, are more durable. These mats perform better than their less costly counterparts.
However, they may be out of your reach due to their high cost. But be sure, today we have brought some such mats for you which will make you feel the better quality with less expense.
You should consider all your options before making the final choice. Different types are available, and which one will be the best practice mat to get the most out of your practice? You just need to pay attention to your preferences and needs and protect yourself from overspending.
We hope this article has been very informative for you. And we hope that you will be able to choose your better option from here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Right Size for a Mat?
Golf Mats come in all variable sizes and shapes. If the mat is too small, you will not get enough space to stand comfortably. You may need another surface to stand on, which will make you feel uncomfortable.
Certainly, an oversized golf mat will give you more space to practice comfortably. In general, the size of a golf mat ranges from 2 sq ft to 25 sq ft. Typically, 3 ‘x 5’ is the correct size for various applications.
2. How Much a Golf Mat Weighs?
If you need to store your golf practice mat after practice, it becomes necessary for you to consider the weight of the mat.
Remember, a larger size mat not only takes up extra space to store but can also be heavy for transportation. Golf Mats typically weigh around 2 pounds per sq ft.
3. What is the Difference Between Playing on Natural Turf and Golf Hitting Mat?
Real grass is a great way to practice, as you get proper feedback on your swing. Every shot you make at the driving range along the natural ground is exactly according to your game.
It is not the same on Turf mats. In this, if you try a big swing, the club can bounce the golf ball more. A golf-hitting mat requires proper maintenance. Otherwise, the surface can get damaged. If your golf-hitting mat sports have a built-in tee, you won’t be able to adjust it to suit your needs.